- This course takes 20-24 hours to complete (including reviews, quizzes, etc.)
- The course is made up of 14 modules. Each module includes a downloadable study guide
- There is a review and quiz at the end of each module. You can review any section as many times as you like
- Once you have completed all 14 modules you can take the final test (you may only take once)
- A grade of at least 70% earns you a Certificate of Achievement
- Like all BHE courses, you have access for 12 months
The course is best viewed on a laptop or desktop. It works on tablets, but it’s really hard to see all the detail on a phone!
Sales within Canada are subject to GST/HST.
If you are a Built Green Canada member, please register here. Contact the BGC office for your discount code.
If you are taking this course to comply with Tarion’s mandatory competency training requirements, please register for it through trainingOntario.
If you are taking this course to get NATE credits, please register through our training partner, HVACRedu.
If you are registering a group of 2-5, receive 20% off by using the discount code CTGROUP20 at checkout. For larger groups please go to our on-demand course plans.
Module 1: What is Construction Technology?
- Construction Technology
- Building Science
Module 2: Building Components & Systems
- Walls & Floors
Module 3: Moisture Management
- Keeping Moisture Off, Out, and Away
Module 4: House As A System
- Heat Flow
- Air Flow
- Moisture Flow
Module 5: Indoor Air Quality
Module 6: Healthy Housing
- Combustion Spillage
Module 7: Fundamentals of Air Sealing
- Purpose of Air Sealing
- Types of Barriers
- Air Sealing Materials
Module 8: Strategies for Air Sealing
- Air Sealing Issues
- Walls & Floors
- Ceilings & Roofs
Module 9: Fundamentals of Insulation
- Properties of Insulation
- Insulation Materials
Module 10: Strategies for Insulating
- Below Grade
- Above Grade
Module 11: Fundamentals of Windows & Doors
- Window & Door Anatomy
- Comfort Factors
- Window Performance
Module 12: Fundamentals of Energy
- Occupant Comfort
- Fuel & Energy Sources
- Heat Loss/Heat Gain
Module 13: Mechanical Systems Overview
- Space Heating
- Space Cooling
- Delivery Systems
Module 14: Ventilation Requirements
- Why Ventilate?
- F-326 Standard