Join us as we go behind the scenes and drywall to take you into the homes and meet those responsible for design, construction, energy testing and funding
Habitat for Humanity Grand Traverse Region decided to pilot a Zero Energy Capable LEED Platinum community in the City of Traverse City, Michigan. Through their award winning efforts they have shown that it is possible to achieve low to no energy bills in climate zone 6 (very cold) through replicable efforts.
Join us as we go behind the scenes and drywall to take you into the homes and meet those responsible for design, construction, energy testing, funding and meet some of the homeowner’s who benefit from a habitat mortgage living in this community. Please be sure to also read through the handout which details the specifics of the LEED credits and provides utility data.
Ryan McCoon, Endura Performance Homes, LEED AP-H Principal
Principal at Endura Performance Homes
Licensed Residential Builder & Maintenance & Alteration Contractor
Certified Passive House Builder
USGBC LEED for Homes -Accredited Professional
After completing this course you will be able to:
- Explain the basics of how Habitat for Humanity uses required sweat equity and training to align with LEED BD+C Homes V4 EA Education of the Homeowner and LEED for Homes 2008 AE Homeowner manual
- Describe how LEED BD+C Homes V4 EA Annual Energy Use and LEED Homes 2008 EA Exceptional Energy Performance can drive down predicted energy use to achieve zero energy capable homes
- List the benefits of LEED Homes 2008 Location and Linkages (LL5) for developing housing diverse resource regions
- Explain ways to build affordable housing that removes expensive utility costs for homeowners and tenants who need it the most.
Earn Continuing Education Units (CEUs) 1 hour in:
- Green Business Certification Inc. (GBCI)
- American Institute of Architects - AIA (HSW)
- Certified Green Professional (NARI & CGP)
- Certified GreenHome Professional (CGHP)
- American Institute of Building Design (AIBD)
- State Architect / Builder License may be applicable