This Exam Prep Program is designed to prepare you for the Foundation Exam. The main categories covered include:
- An Overview of the Role of an Energy Advisor
- Plans Reading
- Safety Considerations
- Building Science Principles and the House-as-a-System Concept
- Construction and Renovation of Low Rise Housing
- The Envelope First Approach (New and Existing Homes)
- Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning (New and Existing Homes)
If you have less than 5 years experience in the industry or no building science background this course is for you! Your training plan is laid it out so that you can ‘ladder’, or build up, your knowledge and understanding as you go. Our learning sequence is based on good instructional design principles and the latest in brain science and adult learning. We want you to succeed by getting the strongest Foundation!
You will learn each concept and topic through a short video lesson, a worksheet that helps you to apply what you learned in the video to a real-world situation, and some questions or actions that will help you solidify your understanding of the topic.
You get points for each piece you complete. There’s a community forum where you can ask questions, and a curated resource list that you can sort and filter to suit your own path.
Our learning platform also comes with an AI assistant that will help you find the information you want when it comes to review and study time.
- Video Lessons (with pdf transcripts)
- Interactive Exercises
- Challenges and Quizzes
- Curated Resource Hub
- Community Forum
- Email Support
- Practice Timed Exam
- Audio-only version for on-the-go
Download course outline