- Building Science Basics
- Construction Technology
- Construction Math 1 & 2
- Energy Advisor Foundation Exam Preparation
- Envelope Fundamentals
- Foundations of Increased Sales and Profits
- Healthy Indoor Environment
- Increasing Profits Through Quality Management
- Lead Generation and Digital Marketing for Contractors
- Understanding HVAC Systems
- Energy Advisor Exam Preparation
- CEUs/Competency Training
- How to Buy
- Who We Are
- Contact Us
Blue House Energy has partnered with some of the best industry trainers to offer a wider range of quality online courses for home builders and renovators.
All of our online courses and webinars are available in U.S. and Canadian versions, unless otherwise noted.
Mike Rogers (1964 - 2018)
A nationally recognized expert in residential energy-efficiency, Mike worked with contractors to strengthen their businesses and helped programs and policy-makers scale sustainable market approaches to improving homes.
He led BHE’s on-demand course on the Foundations of Increased Sales & Profits, designed for contractors working in the field of energy efficiency and home performance.
Previously, Mike was with ABM Energy and was the Senior Vice President of GreenHomes America, an ABM subsidiary. There, he led the development of a successful approach to home performance, building on the foundation of an HVAC base, and helped GreenHomes scale to 20 locations nationally. For 20 years, he worked on energy efficiency from individual homes to policy at the state and federal levels. Mike was a frequent presenter at national conferences and meetings in the energy efficiency, green building, and indoor air quality industries.
Prior to joining GreenHomes, Mike had an 11-year affiliation with the U.S. EPA as an employee and consultant, holding various positions. In particular, he was the lead developer and primary supporter of the Home Performance with ENERGY STAR (HPwES) program jointly run by the U.S. EPA and U.S DOE.
Mike Rogers was also the President of OmStout Consulting, LLC.
In December 2018, Mike died of a rare and aggressive form of cancer. We'll always remember Mike's humor, irreverence, and passion for building science.
John is one of the most exciting and enlightening presenters in the nation. John started building houses in 1979 and by 1982 had begun to diagnose and retrofit homes across the U.S.
He was inducted into the Building Performance Institute's Hall of Fame (2013) for lifetime commitment and dedication to the Home Performance Industry.
He worked with Advanced Energy as their senior building science consultant until 2017. John has been the principal designer of some of the largest building programs in the U.S. John has a refreshing approach to the adage “do it right the first time.” Here’s a summary of John’s work that has been critical to the improvement of home performance:
- 1986 Discovered duct leakage and pressure in homes caused by forced air systems and developed repair strategy
- 1987 Wrote MAD AIR, Mechanical Air Distribution and Interactions Relationships
- 1988 Developed the Pressure Pan and Flow Pan
- 1989 Encouraged the development of the digital Manometer and the Duct Blaster
- 1989 Started the first Duct School at the Florida Solar Energy Center
- 1992 Started the second Duct School at Advanced Energy
- 1997 Helped Tuscon Electric Power develop a guaranteed engery use home program
- 1997 Helped develop and implement market transformation in Phoenix for APS
- 1998 Helped Louisiana Pacific develop a guaranteed energy use home program. First thermal by-pass checklist
- 2000 Helped MASCO develop a guaranteed energy use home program. Now has over 200,000 homes
- 2004 Lead research funded by EPA that caused the implementation of Energy Star V2
- 2006 Led the development of Success with Existing Homes implementation Guide and tools
- 2007 Developed a Quality Management approach for the shelter industry
- 2014 Developed a Quality Management course for an online Learning Management System
John leads BHE’s on-demand course on Increasing Profits Through Quality Management.
He presents a real life, blue collar approach to building and business science. John consults, coaches, and trains thousands of contractors from every trade each year.
Connect with John on LinkedIn or Twitter.
Peter Troast, Founder & CEO of Energy Circle, is recognized as one of the country's foremost authorities on marketing for home performance, solar, HVAC, and other efficiency and renewable energy related contracting companies.
He and his team work with over 350 companies in 49 states to grow their business through services like website design and development, search engine optimization, lead generation, and strategic content production.
Peter is a popular and high ranking speaker about marketing for contractors at HPC/ACI, RESNET, ACCA, BPI, and EGIA conferences and events. In 2015, he received the Tony Woods Award for excellence in advancing the home performance industry.
Peter leads BHE’s on-demand course on Lead Generation and Digital Marketing.
What our customers are saying
We recently discussed the three things you need to need for a healthy indoor environment. Indoor air quality rests on three principles: first... Read more